Isaac only refound his childhood fondness for fishing in 2008. Soon after, he found himself at a friend’s cabin on the Puget Sound. Near the shore he spied a kayak, grabbed his fishing rod and hit the water.
That weekend, Isaac was hooked on kayak fishing. While he didn’t catch any fish that weekend in the shallow bay, he did find limits of crab and knew he just had to have a kayak of his own. It also helped that his wife, Jewel, also enjoyed the time she had to paddle around the bay.
A year later, Isaac finally got the kayak he had been waiting for.
The rest, as they say, is history…
Isaac is a fish monger for a small Portland grocery chain by trade. If he’s not fishing, he’s still playing with fish
The Yak Fish blog started Oct 24th, 2009. It is a place for Isaac to share his fishing reports, kayak modifications, and other things of interest related to Kayak Fishing.
If he’s not at work or on the water, Isaac is still head deep in fishing. He also gives regular kayak fishing clinics with the Soul River fly fishing group and has worked with Alder Creek Kayak and Kayak Shed with additional kayak fishing events. Isaac is also one of the owners of Green Tackle. From shad darts to bass jigs, steelhead spinners to saltwater diamond bars, Isaac makes all of them out of a tin alloy instead of lead.
- Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st Place
- Georgia Kayak Tournament Trail
Lake Harding Event
Individual – 7th Place
Team – 5th Place
- Oregon Rockfish Classic – 13th overall
- Cape Disappointment Dungeness Crab Tournament – 3rd Place
- Next Adventure Sturgeon Derby – 8th
- Oregon Rockfish Classic – 22nd
- Next Adventure Bass Yakin Classic – tied
- Oregon Rockfish Classic –
- Salmon SlayRide Derby – Sept 22nd
- Bass Yakin’ Classic – Oct 6th
- Kayakfishing.com/RTM Kayaks “Fall Classic” – Oct 27th